Hot Dog Day 2O18 - It happened!
A celebration to end the 2018 season!
Updated Tuesday June 18, 2019 by Stanley Park Baseball.
PHOTO: TextNow players celebrate their Senior 3-Pitch Championship win at Wilson Park. The team came from behind and then held a tight defence to defeat DieKat in the final inning.
This was the annual wrap-up party for the Blastball, T-Ball and 3-Pitch program. It was usually held the last Saturday in June before school ended for the summer and included the championship games, medallion presentations to all participants, refreshments and a variety of activities. (Photos are of the event held in 2011.) For the 2019 season, players will receive their photos, trading cards, medallions, etc. at their final game (during the week ending June 22) which will be scheduled in compliance with their team's preferred playing days.
Activities varied somewhat from year to year but often included face-painting, a "jumping"castle (or two), a promotional booth from the City (life-saving in 2017 and 2018), and more! A light lunch (hot-dogs --- 1,600 on hand for 2018 --- that's light!) and entertainment by ERICK.
2018's event included healthy snacks for all players (clementine oranges, fibre bars and juice pack) in addition to a bottle of water and a hotdog! The rain dampened things a bit in 2018 --- perhaps an understatement --- but when it let up, the celebration was even better!
Tentworks provided a HUGE tent for our headquarters operation and the Stanley Park Optimist Club brought numerous tents so the food, entertainment and Kitchener swim camp could operate throughout and people needing a dry spot had some shelter. We hoped for SUN! Well, at least the real rain was relatively brief and the plants needed some water!
All activities (except candy floss) were free for registered players wearing their uniform. Players (through their coaches) were each provided with a "food ticket" good for a hot-dog and drink. An agenda was provided for each year's event with times varying depending on the finishing times of the games, weather conditions and actual enrolment figures in the various leagues.
HIGHLITES FROM HOTDOG DAY 2018
TEAM TROPHIES, PHOTOS, ETC. Pickup by team coaches for their players starting approx. 10:40 with BLASTBALL, followed immediately by JUNIOR T-BALL, SENIOR T-BALL, and then the 3 PITCH teams (expected to take 35 to 40 minutes).
OPENING CEREMONIES (Remarks from the Mayor, etc) took place at approximately: 11:20 AM. followed by individual recognition awards.
INDIVIDUAL RECOGNITION AWARDS
List of award recipients for Senior 3-Pitch
- Sportsmanship Award Aiden Ventura-Dolinar ATS
- Rookie of the Year Marco Peveroni Diekat
- Team MVP Proctor Carson PSG Plumbing
- Sportsmanship Award Marlowe Vuckovic Kirley Mr KW Landscaper
- Sportsmanship Award Keydon Kraehling Burgess Flooring
- Sportsmanship Award Kate Jessop Tentworks
- Sportsmanship Award Rylie Heimbecker TextNow
- Tentworks Outstanding player: Farah McKellar
List of award recipients for Junior 3-Pitch
- League MVP Phoenix Loschnig Kitchener Citizen
- Sportsmanship Award Brooke Puumalainen Milton's Restaurant
- Sportsmanship Award Evan Hamilton Helmutz Interlock
- Sportsmanship Award Milo Hunter Mayburry Electric
- Sportsmanship Award Eoin Godfrey Wonder Tots
- Outstanding Player Kate Reader Hiller Truck
- Sportsmanship Award Nathan Thompson bauhaus
- Team MVP Liam DeSoto Alfran Trophies
CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTATION TROPHIES FOR 2018:
- Consolation Champions: PM Windows
- Consolation Finalists: PSG Masonry
- Finalists: TD Bank
- Champions: Sportco
- Consolation Champions: Hiller Truck
- Consolation Finalists: Wonder Tots
- Finalists: Milton's Bar & Grill
- Champions: Helmutz Interlock
- Consolation Champions: PSG Plumbing
- Consolation Finalists: ATS
- Finalists: Diekat Crane
- Champions: TextNow
Erick was back playing before noon and entertained right through to 1:00 PM.
Yes, if you came at 1:00 pm you missed everything and we missed you! Contact your team's coach to arrange to pick up your child's items. Have a great summer!
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.